The Internet, as usual, has reacted in its exaggerated ways, or should I say, the Brexit “broke” the Internet. But let me assure you, all is going to be well. The economy will stabilize and Britain will find its way. This is Great Britain we are talking about. What goes down will come up, that is the way of the world, isn’t it?
European Union. Some say, like the Brexit supporters, that the idea of the Union is outdated and it is doomed to fail. The rest of the world think otherwise. Let me get outside all of this and think for a moment. A union. A union in which countries come together, work towards a common goal, help each other and solve problems in the most democratic way — this sounds good, doesn’t it? I did a quick google and found the following to be the objectives of the European Union:
- an area of freedom, security and justice without internal frontiers ;
- an internal market where competition is free and undistorted;
- sustainable development, based on balanced economic growth and price stability, a highly competitive social market economy, aiming at full employment and social progress, and a high level of protection and improvement of the quality of the environment;
- the promotion of scientific and technological advance;
- the combating of social exclusion and discrimination, and the promotion of social justice and protection, equality between women and men, solidarity between generations and protection of the rights of the child;
- the promotion of economic, social and territorial cohesion, and solidarity among Member States.
- sustainable development of the Earth;
- solidarity and mutual respect among peoples;
- free and fair trade;
- eradication of poverty;
- protection of human rights (in particular the rights of the child);
- development of international law (respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter).
As you can understand, the very idea of countries coming together to sort things out in a peaceful manner, and work towards growth and all of the above is certainly good. But alas, the European Union is not as good as it sounds! I hope it crumbles and falls apart. Why in the wide world would I have such a strong opinion? Read on.
The European Union is under the malign influence of the USA. America, when it wants to impose its will on a country, when it wants to sanction a country, it unleashes the EU as its chief attack dog. Not everyone in the Union is happy about this; most oblige as they have a lot to profit from the US, and some do it very grudgingly — they have no other choice. The world does not need this kind of an attack dog. It must go. Britain has always been the leader of this pack — coercing and influencing the rest of the pack to its master’s will. But this attack-dog-in-chief has shown its master that it has a mind of its own (much to the annoyance of the British elites and corrupt politicians) and I am very, very happy about it. The USA is a such a great country with such great people, but the country’s politicians are such a despicable lot. Unless a drastic change happens in US politics, things like Brexit should continue.
Let the games begin.
Oh, I almost forgot. The Scots. Those spineless people don’t deserve independence. You’ve had your chance and you gave it up for what?